We all want to live in a beautiful home. But sometimes life just gets in the way. Work and family commitments mean we’re too busy to spend time trawling through shops and websites to find that elusive fabric or accessory, or maybe we feel we don’t have that eye for interior design.
But a stylish home can have a huge effect on our mood and well-being and returning to a comfortable home after a busy day is something we all look forward to. You could use the services of an interior design company in London to help you achieve that designer look, but if you want to give your home a makeover yourself, we’ve put together some useful tips to help you create your dream interior. Consider your home your ideas in making the upright interior design. The following tips will absolutely help you make an upright and destined decision.
- Make a plan: Decide which rooms you want to give a makeover and work out their dimensions – you’d be surprised how many people buy furniture that doesn’t fit their home or makes it look overcrowded.
- Fix a budget – and stick to it: Look for furniture sales and online deals to save money.
- Ideas: Interior design magazines, websites and furnishing catalogues offer great ideas if you need some inspiration. You could create a moldboard, taking magazine cuttings, fabric swatches and pictures of furnishings you love to help you put together the look you want.
- Furnishings: Think clean lines and neutral fabrics for a modern, contemporary look. Buy the best quality you can afford.
- Colors: Choose a color scheme that brings together furnishings, walls and flooring. Choosing a fairly neutral color for walls, complemented by an accent color for soft furnishings and accessories, often works well and is easier to update when you feel like a change.
- Accessories: Add color and flair with accessories and soft furnishings. This could be some luxurious, vibrantly colored throws and cushions, a bold, patterned rug or distinctive vase or table lamp. Ring the changes with texture too – you can find soft furnishings in all sorts of beautiful fabrics – from silks to cashmere.
- Artwork: Some carefully chosen pieces of artwork bring your own individual sense of style to a room. They don’t have to be expensive. Most department stores have well priced prints that will introduce a real wow factor to your home.
- Lighting: Lighting is often overlooked but has a huge impact on a room. Look at how much natural light the room has and which way it faces. Browse catalogues looking for a mix of ceiling lights and floor and table lamps.
So with a little planning and creativity you could transform your home into a stylish, relaxing living space. But of course, if you prefer, you can use the services of an interior designer in London – the choice is yours. Your home your ideas, make your best options to have the dream look of your house interior design. Good luck and much thanks to you!